5 Tips and Links to Keep You From Gaining Weight Over the Summer Weekends
It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and fun of the summer but with longer days and more socializing there’s usually more BBQ’s and dining with friends. Often these social events can lead to eating foods that you usually wouldn’t even think about indulging in. Being caught up in the moment and not planning ahead can leave you with a couple extra pounds by the end of the summer.
Here are 5 helpful tips to keep you on track with your diet and some healthy recipes to bring with you to BBQ’s and dinners. Not only will the host love you for bringing along a dish but it will also be your sneaky way of staying fit and healthy.
- Don’t Skip Meals: If you skip meals during the day it will only lead to you binge eating later. You will be grabbing anything and everything to gain some energy by the time you arrive at the event. Ensure that you have a protein packed breakfast to start your metabolism.
- Drink Lots of Water: Not only is it summer and your body requires more water but it can control cravings and leave you feeling full. Try to drink a glass of water when you first arrive at the event to keep you stomach full.
- PGX Travel Packs: Packing these small pill packs in your purse or bag and taking them before a meal can keep you feeling full and satisfied. This will help you avoid going back for seconds.
- Eat Before Leaving Home: It’s a good idea to have a small snack before you leave the house to control your cravings when you arrive at the event. Try having a small plate of veggies and hummus.
- Choose Wisely: Don’t rush when you are in line at the BBQ. Make smart choices about what you are eating. It may seem simple but choosing a green salad over mayo packed potato salad can make a huge difference by the end of the summer.
- A smooth Avocado Hummus Dip is great to take as a nutritious snack/appetizer
- 25 baked alternatives to potato chips and french fries. I recommend the beet chips! yummy and a bit sweet
- Are you in charge of the Salad? This Cucumber, Mango and Watermelon Salad is an amazingly fresh side dish.
?How do you avoid the Summer Weekend Weight Gain? Share your tips here in the comments or join the chat on Facebook and Twitter.