5 tips on how to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals.
We know. It’s only January 3rd, commonly known as “Day 3” amongst the New Year’s Resolutions crowd, and you’re already worried about not being able to live up to your goals. However, although we know that there will be challenges along the way in achieving any goal, when it comes to weight loss and fitness, we’ve got some ideas on how to help you achieve them!
5 Ways to Help You Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals:
- Start slow. Just because it’s a new year, doesn’t mean that you are all of a sudden going to be able to do things you couldn’t do before, like lift those heavier weights or do 100 pushups. Start slow and make sure you’re comfortable with the pace. As exercises become easier, gradually increase the difficulty or amount of time or repetitions.
- Workout in the morning. If you’re someone who feels utterly exhausted at the end of each day, heading the gym at that point is going to be very difficult for you. Don’t let this stop you! Try heading to the gym or going for a run before your day begins.
- Throw out your scale. While it may be very tempting to weigh in every day, this will only serve to discourage you. It’s very hard to see a difference from day to day (and we’re only on Day 2!). If you absolutely must weigh in, try making it a monthly thing rather than a daily one.
- Eat well. Don’t think that exercise is the only way to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals. You need to supplement your workouts with healthy eating. Prevent overeating and support your lifestyle changes with PGX .
- Get more sleep. By increasing the amount of sleep you get, you will improve your energy levels and be able to be more active throughout the day, increasing the amount of potential calories you could burn!
Stay healthy, PGX’ers!