During the winter months, you may start to crave for sunnier days. Incorporating an assortment of fruit into your diet is a great way to bring a little sunshine into your day, and this overnight oats dish is the perfect vehicle for any fruit!
Health Benefits of Oats
- Oats contain a specific fiber called beta-glucan that can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels already within the normal range* 
- They are good sources of manganese, vitamin B, zinc, and protein
- Certain oats can last for years in your pantry
Overnight Oats with Fruit
This overnight oats recipe is a quick and healthy dish guaranteed to become one of your go-to, healthy snacks! This recipe takes only minutes to prepare, is free of leading allergens such as gluten, dairy, soy and peanuts, and pairs well with any fruit!
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- A dash of vanilla
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- An assortment of sliced fruit (strawberries and blueberries are a great option!)
- In a dish with a sealable lid, mash one banana.
- Add chia seeds, oats, almond milk, vanilla, and cinnamon to the dish.
- Mix together and let the dish sit covered in the refrigerator overnight.
- Stir mixture and spoon into bowl with your choice of sliced fruit!
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
References: “Oats.” Oats. The World’s Healthiest Foods, n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2017.