Happy 4th of July!
Kick up your 4th of July festivities a notch with this crowd-pleasing, healthy take on a Southwest steak salad! It’s gluten-free, chock full of color, flavor, and crunch, and has just a little bit of a kick. It’s basically the perfect salad for a party.
Southwest Steak Salad
• 1 lb. ribeye steak
• salt & pepper to season
• 1 head of green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
• 1 piquillo pepper, julienned
• ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• ½ cup unsalted sweet corn
• ½ cup low sodium black beans
• ½ cup orange bell pepper, diced
• ½ avocado, sliced
• cilantro for garnish
Cilantro Avocado Dressing:
• 1 cup fresh cilantro
• 1 avocado
• ¼ cup fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
• salt and pepper to taste
- Grill the rib eye steak to your liking and let rest
- Combine all ingredients for salad dressing in a food processor or blender and combine.
- Assemble all ingredients for salad, add dressing and mix well.
- Add steak slices on top and enjoy!