It’s Heart Month and we’re celebrating with heart healthy recipes!
In honour of Heart Month, we’ve decided to dedicate every Tasty Tuesday this month to heart healthy recipe. This week, we’re kicking it off with a heart healthy breakfast smoothie, adapted from the Heart and Stroke Foundation, that is the perfect option for those of you who are too busy in the morning to sit down and eat. Grab it on the go, fuel up for the day and feel good about what you’re feeding your body and your heart!
Find the full recipe below.
- 500 mL 1% milk
- 250 mL frozen mixed berries
- 1 pear
- 25 mL flax seeds
- 15 mL honey
- 2.5 – 5 grams PGX Granules per person
- Cut the pear up into small pieces.
- Blend all ingredients together, except for PGX granules.
- Pour into glasses, stir PGX into individual glasses and serve.