A recipe that’s incredibly easy, packed with protein and Olympic athlete inspired!
It’s Day 11 of the Olympics and, here at PGX, we’re still feeling very inspired by the drive and dedication of all the athletes who are taking part in these Winter Games. While, of course, we know that training is the most crucial element of any athlete’s regime, eating well also plays a large part in athletic achievements. Which is why we wanted to share another Olympic-inspired recipe with you!
The below quinoa recipe, adapted from Olympic runner, Kara Goucher’s recipe, is the perfect quick and easy snack to eat at home, in the office or on the go to fuel your body up with energy and protein. With only a few simple ingredients, this recipe takes practically no time to make. Prepare a large amount Sunday or Monday and continue to snack on it whenever hunger strikes throughout the week.
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1/3 cup of canned black beans
- 1 tomato
- 1 scallion
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 stick of PGX Granules per serving
- Cook quinoa as directed on package.
- While quinoa is cooking, drain and rinse black beans, chop tomato, slice scallion and squeeze lemon.
- Mix all ingredients, except PGX Granules, together in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve individual serving and add PGX Granules.
Train hard, eat well and tackle those goals, PGX’ers!