A quick and tasty recipe for a healthy breakfast in the morning.
When you’re trying to eat right, breakfast can be one of the most difficult meals of the day to do so. More often than not, we’re in a rush in the morning and, although we know we should, we rarely make eating a healthy breakfast a priority.
But what many of us don’t realize, is that a healthy breakfast doesn’t have to take hours to prepare, nor does it have to be anything overly elaborate. What’s important is that that it is packed with nutrients and healthy ingredients to help fuel your body for the day ahead; which, with the right ingredients, can be fairly simple! Below is a quick, easy, and above all else, healthy oatmeal and fruit recipe for all of you busy PGX’ers out there.
- 2 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- honey, to taste
- seasonal berries
- 1 packet of PGX Daily granules
- Mix rolled oats, pecans, raisins, sunflower seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Dish out mixture into an individual serving bowl (you will have leftovers for a second bowl or for breakfast tomorrow – yay!).
- Add water to your individual bowl and microwave for a minute and a half.
- Add Greek yogurt, PGX granules and berries.
- Drizzle honey over top and enjoy!