Warm Cinnamon Apple Snack
On a cold wintery day, like today, this is one of my personal favourite recipes! It’s both comfort food and a guilt-free treat. I like to serve it up with frozen yogurt for a fabulous dessert. It’s only 40 calories!
- 5 cups chopped apples
- 2 cups water
- 10 g PGX Daily Singles (4 sticks)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 packets stevia
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Place apples and water into a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine.
- Enjoy as is or use as a substitute for apple pie filling.
directions for pie
- With a slotted spoon, place one recipe of apple snax into a prepared pie crust.
- Fill the pie crust with the juice from the pot until the pie crust is 3/4 full.
- Top with a crunchy organic granola of your choice.
- Bake as directed if you have a frozen pie shell.
Serving Size: Calories: 40, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 9g, Protein: 2g, Fibre: 2g
Hey, did you make this? Let me know in the comments below!