A delicious healthy snack that actually feels quite naughty, is our bliss ball recipe!
Satisfiy sweet cravings with natural raw ingredients including dates and nuts. Our bliss balls provide an excellent source of fibre and nutrition at the same time.
They’re easy to make and keep in the fridge for several days.
- 1 cup dried dates, pitted
- 1-2 tablespoons raw hulled sunflower seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoon almond, cashew or hazelnut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocao powder
- ? cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 5-7.5 grams PGX Daily Singles (2-3 sticks)
- Place dates and sunflower seeds in a metal bowl and pour hot water over just to cover them. Let soak for at least 15 minutes. Seed may need longer soaking if a softer consistency is desired.
- Drain water and reserve in a separate container.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl except for the shredded coconut.
- Mash and mix (a fork will do) the next 6 ingredients together until a paste forms. If the paste is too thick, add a tsp of the reserved date water and mix again.
- Add PGX granules and mix a few more times to blend the granules in.
- Put the shredded coconut in a glass or metal small bowl.
- Take approximately a teaspoon amount of paste and form into a small ball with your fingers, it doesn?t have to be perfect.
- Drop the ball into the shredded coconut and roll around the bowl until completely coated, forming a ball as you go.
- Place on a nice plate to serve right away or store in a glass container and refrigerate.
Store in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes