2013 is the Year of Quinoa. Celebrate with this delicious quinoa salad recipe!
If you read our blog yesterday, you know that quinoa a staple in my diet. And so, with 2013 being named Year of Quinoa, I thought I would share my favourite quinoa recipe with you: Quinoa Greek Salad! Best enjoyed as a side dish or on its own as a vegetarian meal, this salad is simple, good for you and, best of all, delicious!
Please find ingredients and directions below. Enjoy!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sweet onions
- 1 cup diced peppers (colour of your choosing)
- pitted olives
- 200 grams feta cheese
- 2.5 grams PGX* per individual serving
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook quinoa as directed on package. Let quinoa cool after it has been cooked.
- Dice cucumber, onion and peppers, and depending on size, halve cherry tomatoes. Mix into quinoa.
- Add pitted olives and crumbled feta cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil and white balsamic vingar over salad and sprinkle on dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Optional: Taste and adjust ingredients according to your preference!
- Dish out servings and add 2.5 grams (*1 stick of PGX Daily Granules) of PGX to each individual serving. Be sure to drink an extra glass of water after you’re done enjoying your salad!