Tasty Tuesday: The Olympic Edition
Inspired by the 2014 Winter Games that are currently taking place in Sochi, we wanted to share a recipe fit for an Olympian! That said, we were incredibly happy to come across the below recipe from American Olympian, Mariel Zagunis, which we have adapted from Health. With all of the same hearty ingredients as Mariel’s original recipe, ours is a little bit different, of course, as it includes PGX!
So, go ahead and fuel your body like an Olympian and keep chasing your goals, PGX’ers!
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic cloves
- 2 tsp of curry powder
- 1 potato
- 2 zucchini
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1 packet of PGX Granules per person
- Chop onion, mince garlic cloves, peel and dice potato, and dice zucchini.
- Add olive oil and onion to a saucepan and cook for just under 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in garlic and curry powder. Continue stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for PGX Granules. Heat until soup is boiling.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and cover saucepan. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve into individual bowls and add PGX Granules.