DIY: Smoothie Freezer Packs for Busy Back-to-School Schedules
Green Smoothies are a great way to get in a nutritious meal or snack. However, many of us may be short on time to gather and prepare the variety of fruits and vegetables that go into a green smoothie.
Preparing smoothie packs ahead of time that are easy and fast to blend up will help save time in the mornings or provide a quick healthy snack during the day. Kids can also help make their own custom smoothies for the week!
4 Simple Steps to Making Freezer Packs:
- Choose your fruit: Berries, peaches, mango, banana, etc. (fresh or frozen)
- Choose your greens: Spinach, kale, collards, etc.
- Bag it up! Place approximately equal amounts of fruit and greens into a medium size Ziploc freezer bag in any flavor combination of your choice.
- Store in the freezer
When ready to use, place 2-3 cups of liquid, freezer pack contents, plus optional ingredients into a blender.
(Depending on the type of blender you use, you may have to add the frozen ingredients in small portions at a time)
Choose your liquid base:
- Dairy free milk (almond, soy, etc.)
- Coconut water
- Chilled fruit tea or green tea
Add optional ingredients:
- Protein powder
- Fiber supplement
- PGX granules
- Chia seeds
- Sweetener: Stevia, honey, agave, etc.
Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Have a favourite smoothie recipe? Share it in the comments.