If you love and miss your Nutella, you are going to love today's recipe!
Enjoy this easy gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegan and paleo recipe for a delicious chocolatey hazelnut spread!
How delicious does that look?! I know my mouth is watering for some already! I used to love eating Nutella and I would eat it by the spoon. I didn't even bother with toast (although it's completely delicious with toast!). But my Nutella-by-the-spoon days are quite over now. If I were to continue that particular habit, I'm 100% positive I would be struggling to pull on my jeans!
This recipe is a much healthier alternative to the usual, store bought version of the chocolate-hazelnut spread! There are no refined sugars or preservatives added and it's gluten free, vegan and paleo approved! Enjoy it with toast and sprinkle on some PGX for that fibre kick!
Thank you to Chelsy of Mangia for sharing this fabulous nut butter! Visit her page to see pictures for every step of the recipe. Enjoy!
Prep/Total time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 cups
All of the things you love about Nutella, but homemade, and healthier with roasted hazelnuts, cacao powder, creamy hazelnut milk, and a touch of maple syrup for the perfect sweetness. Gluten-free/vegan/paleo/refined sugar-free.
- 2 c. unsalted, roasted hazelnuts, skins removed
- 4 T. raw cacao powder, or cocoa powder
- ¼ t. fine sea salt
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. pure Maple syrup
- ½ c. hazelnut milk (you can also use unsweetened, vanilla almond milk or another nut milk if preferred)
- Place the hazelnuts in a large food processor and process on high until smooth, about 10 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process on high until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
Image and recipe courtesy of Mangia.